After leaving ITSF in January, I spent February at Gatewatcher. The company is in Paris so the position was fully remote, with 2-3 days per month on site. Unfortunately and despite my hopes, it didn’t work for me.
After a month of job hunting, I’m happy to report that I’ll be joining OVHcloud in April! They have offices in Lyon so the remoteness shouldn’t be an issue, though the people I’ll be teaming up with are distributed in France and Canada. I’ve been hired as a software developer & site reliability engineer. I’ll be mostly developing in Go and Python.
During this month I met several other organizations. All of them had interesting projects to share and it was very rewarding to have the opportunity to discuss with them.
Here are some links (in alphabetical order) so you can check their work:
- Alstom - Very large worldwide group specialized in rail transport.
- The project they were hiring for: on LinkedIn
- CNRS - large state research organization
- Gatewatcher - small/medium cybersecurity company
- Hashbang - small worker cooperative
- Smartfire - small tech agency
Anyway, I’m really excited to start my new job! Wish me luck 😊